Robusta B.V. is a family owned company, dedicated to weaving an extensive variety of woven textiles for various applications around the globe.
Since its founding in 1960, the organization is located in Genemuiden, The Netherlands. Over more than 55 years, major changes have taken place. Robusta has changed from a coconut weaver and rushes trade company to polypropylene (composite) fabrics for civil engineering and woven carpet made with natural yarns and synthetic yarns.
The customer’s wishes, the discovery of new materials and new technical possibilities provide interesting and innovative developments.
Specialized textile weavers for carpet and industrial applications
‘Do what you promise’, flexibility and our know-how, enables Robusta to establish long-term partnerships on a broad customer base.
Some of our activities involve; geotextiles with concrete blocks against erosion. Artificial turf grasses such as football, cricket and bowling grass fields. Various types of carpet and rugs for residential and contract markets. Aircraft storage mats and portable helicopter platforms (helipad).
We can process natural materials like jute, sisal, wool, basalt, silk and steel and synthetic fibers such as polyethylene, polyester, polypropylene, dyneema, high modulus yarns and composites or combinations.
You can also consult robusta for specific needs, new materials and technical capabilities, to develop new (sometimes revolutionary) products.
We have won several awards with our products. proudly, we mention the following:
- Department of waterways and public works project ‘water groins of the future’; winning finalist/ design
• NMIJ/natuurlijker markermeer ijmeer project ‘making the lake markeermeer more transparent’; winning finalist/design
• SME innovation top 100 of 2012; 76 th. place (portable road)
• Defence innovation competition 2011 (dic 2011); finalist (heated shelter floor)
• WMIJ/ werkmaatschappij markermeer-ijmeer project ‘design an ecological proof system for the future of the lakes Markermeer/ IJmeer’ – 2nd. finalist
• Mercedes-benz – nrc next blue efficiency award; top 10 position
• From a to better award 2008 project ‘traffic jam proof’; honorable mention as potential success of the future (portable road/ fast deployment tool)